Thursday, September 30, 2010



"My camp is my home, and the men here are part of my family. I don't want to let them
die by the hands of the militiamen. So I made a decision in order to keep the men out of danger, I get the firewood myself. That is my gift for them; to face rape every day."















"It was my only option: to get the firewood by myself, in order to prevent the deaths of the good men in the camp. My daughter begs me not to be outside, since she knows what happens. But while being raped is my humiliation, it is salvation for her father."














"Rape is happening every day outside our camp. But my leaving to get firewood is the best way to protect the men against the guns of the militia. I don't want to see anybody die. So there is no other option for women here, there is no other option for me."
















"We choose to sacrifice ourselves for the men, because they can't leave the camp to get firewood. It is a matter of life and death. So we choose to preserve their lives. We choose to go out ourselves. We choose to get face to face with the militiamen. We choose to get raped."








S T O P T H E D A I L Y R A P E S I N D A R F U R

0 comments:

Post a Comment